Ken Hardison has fought for people’s rights as a trusted personal injury lawyer for over 35 years. His ethics, integrity, and passion for his clients helped to build one of North Carolina’s most successful firms, Hardison & Cochran, and a successful Social Security disability firm, Carolina Disability Lawyers, in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Now, as owner and publisher of the law firm management website, Law Practice Advisor, and founder and president of PILMMA, the Personal Injury Lawyers Marketing & Management Association, Ken devotes his time to helping attorneys build their own preeminent law practices with proven marketing strategies and management resources. Ken has been recognized as one of the top 100 Trial Lawyers in North Carolina and is a member of the exclusive Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Systematic Marketing is his tenth book. Ken has authored 5 books on marketing and managing law firms. He is a sought-after speaker throughout the country on marketing and managing law firms.
Ken is known as the “Millionaire Maker” due to his coaching clients doubling and quadrupling their law practices and income following Ken’s practice growing advice and insights.
Ken lives in North Myrtle Beach, SC where he enjoys playing golf and fishing when he is not helping lawyers grow their practices.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What surprising percentage of clients would be willing to give you a referral… if you showed them how to do it and made the process easy
- Why it is important to develop trust and a referral mindset in your clients while you’re representing them, right from the beginning
- Why it is important to create a client advisory board or panel from your list of clients for the last five years, and how to form such a panel
- How to use psychology to make existing clients and potential new clients feel important, through using an unpublished “backdoor phone line” and VIP cards
- Why newsletters are effective referral tools to build relationships and encourage clients to stay aware of your firm and your brand
- How to put together a great-sounding, informative, helpful and client-focused newsletter, and why a frequent, consistent newsletter is key
- Why writing a book focused on your subject matter helps position you as an expert and can help generate referrals
- How to use your 50-60 page book to differentiate yourself and set yourself apart from your competition
- Why using these referral systems consistently is the key to generating a great number of referrals through these methods