Ken Hardison has fought for people’s rights as a trusted personal injury lawyer for over 35 years. His ethics, integrity, and passion for his clients helped to build one of North Carolina’s most successful firms, Hardison & Cochran, and a successful Social Security disability firm, Carolina Disability Lawyers, in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Now, as owner and publisher of the law firm management website, Law Practice Advisor, and founder and president of PILMMA, Ken devotes his time to helping attorneys build their own preeminent law practices with proven marketing strategies and management resources. Ken has been recognized as one of the top 100 Trial Lawyers in North Carolina and is a member of the exclusive Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Systematic Marketing is his tenth book. Ken has authored 5 books on marketing and managing law firms. He is a sought-after speaker throughout the country on marketing and managing law firms.
Ken is known as the “Millionaire Maker” due to his coaching clients doubling and quadrupling their law practices and income following Ken’s practice growing advice and insights.
Ken lives in North Myrtle Beach, SC where he enjoys playing golf and fishing when he is not helping lawyers grow their practices.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why prepaying for your expenses and taking advantage of Section 179 of the I.R.S tax code to buy equipment for a full tax deduction can help you save money on your taxes
- What “conservation easements” are and how to take advantage of them for major savings on your 2019 taxes
- Why you should begin looking ahead to 2020 and begin planning for it now, and how Ken budgets for the next year
- How to determine your important key numbers to be able to tell what is and isn’t working for your business
- Why it is important to earn $6 for every $1 you spend, to cover the costs of overhead and implementation
- Why you should set a firm marketing budget, and how to decide how much to spend on marketing to preset your growth for the year
- Why you need to determine what your goals are for the next year and begin planning for how to achieve them
- How to do a Year In Review to help get everyone on the same page and get your team pumped up for the next year