A Proactive Approach to Protecting Your Intellectual Property
Welcome to episode 111 of the Grow Your Law Firm podcast, hosted by Ken Hardison. In this episode Ken sits down with Courtney English and they talk about how important it is to protect your intellectual property.
Courtney English is a business, trademark and copyright attorney. She lives in St. Louis Missouri and serves clients both locally and nationwide. She focuses her practice on being proactive to help her clients enforce their intellectual property rights and avoid costly litigation. Before going on her own, Courtney worked in large commercial companies drafting contracts, negotiating deals, protecting intellectual property and over all helping corporations to avoid suit and costly issues. She brings these types of strategies to all her clients – both big and small – to ensure that they have ability to move their business forward and achieve their dreams.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why you should trademark the name of your law firm
- Copywriting as a small investment that is well worth it
- All the creative ways others can steal your web traffic
- The lack of a fine line in the courts when it comes to trademarks and copywrites in digital marketing
- Making sure to get the rights of content that writers produce for your website
- How easy it is to be busy and not make money
- The level playing field women find in private practice as opposed to the corporate world
- How nuanced trademark and copyright law is and how it is better left to specialists
Email: Courtney English firstname.lastname@example.org