Dealing With That Difficult Employee
Welcome to episode 118 of the Grow Your Law Firm podcast, hosted by Ken Hardison. In this episode Ken sits down with Jonno and they talk about getting the difficult employee in your office to step up or step out.
Jonno White is the author of Step Up or Step Out: How to deal with difficult people, even if you hate conflict. Jonno is also the CEO and Founder of Clarity, a consultancy based in Brisbane, Australia, that exists to fill the world with healthy organizations.
Jonno is passionate about investing in people to become everything they’re meant to be.
Clarity helps leaders through one-on-one coaching, board, and executive team offsites, employee and customer surveys and keynotes and workshops for conferences and staff teams.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Investing in the individual for them to become all that they can be
- Doing your own job really well and watching everyone else follow
- Talent wins games but teams win championships
- Asking yourself how that difficult person on your team got there
- Understanding the difference between a difficult employee and a different employee
- The expenses involved in replacing an employee
- Making sure to have clear expectations
- The importance of having the small battles and never the big battle
- How so much of great management happens in the hallways
Company: Consult Clarity
Email: Jonno White email@example.com
- PILMMA’s Super Summit https://learn.pilmma.org/pilmma-super-summit-2021
- The Mastermind Effect: https://www.pilmma.org/the-mastermind-effect/
- PILMMA’s Free Resources: https://www.pilmma.org/free-resources/
- PILMMA Join Page: https://learn.pilmma.org/join-pilmma