Crafting The Story That Will Make You Stand Out
Welcome to episode 120 of the Grow Your Law Firm podcast, hosted by Ken Hardison. In this episode Ken sits down with Paul Furiga and they talk about crafting the story that will make you stand out.
Paul Furiga is president and chief storyteller of WordWrite. Since its founding in 2002, WordWrite has grown into the Pittsburgh region’s largest independent public relations agency.
WordWrite has become the region’s go-to crisis agency. In any given year, the firm handles 12 major crises, two that make the news and 10 that do not. Recent engagements have included labor negotiations, COVID-19 health crises and rare book thefts.
In 2013, Paul was honored by the Pittsburgh chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) with The Renaissance Hall of Fame Award. WordWrite has received numerous awards for its work, from PRSA, IABC and other professional organizations. Its work has also appeared in PR News books as case studies of excellence. Paul’s passion for storytelling inspired him to form WordWrite and to write a book on the importance of storytelling in business, Finding Your Capital S Story, available on Amazon.
Before founding WordWrite, Paul was a vice president at Ketchum Public Relations, where he served clients including Alcoa, Bridgestone/Firestone and Rutgers University.
Previously, Paul spent two decades as a journalist. He edited the Pittsburgh Business Times from 1994 to 1998. Paul was an editor and correspondent for the Thomson Washington, D.C. bureau from 1988-1993, where he covered Congress, the White House and four presidential nominating conventions. He also was senior editor of OhioWeek and a reporter for The Cincinnati Enquirer.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The power of storytelling to convey a message
- Indentifying your “capital S, story”
- Telling a story that tells a prospect why they should hire you as opposed to the other firm
- The five burning questions you need to answer to improve your marketing
- Law as a game-changer for society
- Getting all of your team members to share the same story
- How easy it is to spend on strategies that don’t produce a return
- Your unique mix of paid, earned, shared, and owned content
- How to get people to ask you to tell them more
- PILMMA’s Super Summit https://learn.pilmma.org/pilmma-super-summit-2021
- The Mastermind Effect: https://www.pilmma.org/the-mastermind-effect/
- PILMMA’s Free Resources: https://www.pilmma.org/free-resources/
- PILMMA Join Page: https://learn.pilmma.org/join-pilmma