Matt Dubin has spent more than 20 years honing his skills as one of the top personal injury lawyers in the State of Washington. In his career, Matt has focused on protecting consumers from dangerous household products, medical mistakes, roadway accidents, and many other causes of injury. Matt has recovered nearly $20 million on behalf of his clients.
Matt has received numerous honors and awards for his advocacy on behalf of consumers and injured people. He has earned a rare “AV Preeminent” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available for legal ability and ethical standards. Matt has been recognized as a Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney in the Nation by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, and a Top One Percent Lawyer by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. He has been named a Top 100 Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers.
Beyond his stellar results as an advocate for his clients, Matt has made it his mission to educate the public about the personal injury process, and their rights in that process. He has given countless presentations about insurance coverage and the rights of the injured. In 2015 he consolidated his presentations into a book entitled “Maximizing Your Injury Claim; Simple Steps to Protect Your Family After an Accident.” This book remains a bestseller in the category of Personal Injury books on Amazon and other booksellers.
Matt graduated from Yale University in 1990. He obtained his law degree from the University of Washington in 1995. He lives in Seattle with his wife, Elizabeth, and his son Abraham. When he is not working, Matt enjoys spending time with his family, coaching his son’s little league baseball team, singing with his synagogue, hiking, and camping.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Matt discovered his love for standing up for the little guy against the big insurance companies and pursuing justice
- How Matt started his own firm and began expanding, and how discovering and joining PILMMA helped Matt become more intentional with his firm’s growth
- How Matt reached a growth plateau and couldn’t figure out how to continue to grow, and how his in-laws and PILMMA helped Matt breakthrough
- Why setting clear goals for yourself and for your firm is the vital first step in recognizing what you need to do to get there
- How Matt has learned to craft a vision for his goals both in his professional life as well as in his personal life with his family
- Why following key performance indicators closely can help you make better decisions, identify bottlenecks, and become more efficient and do more with less
- Why empathy, gratitude, and compassion have helped Matt and his team differentiate themselves from competitor firms
- What key steps Matt recommends for owners of small law firms who want to start growing their firms
- Why finding the right balance between management and marketing is vital for ensuring that your firm grows without your team feeling overworked
- Why knowing what you want and then doing everything in your power to get there will virtually guarantee your success