As the Vice President of Business Development at Consultwebs, Tanner Jones oversees all business development opportunities for Consultwebs and their clients. He has the privilege of speaking with virtually every law firm that contacts Consultwebs and working with them to determine how they may accomplish their digital marketing goals.
Tanner frequently shares his insights on online marketing with the legal community, including speaking at PILMMA conferences held throughout the country. He has spoken at M&L Seminars and co-hosted webinars with Google, Avvo, LawMarketing.com Editor-in-Chief Cindy Greenway and Raleigh attorney / PILMMA founder Ken Hardison. In 2019, the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys invited Tanner to speak at its Annual Symposium in Nashville. Additionally, Lawyers Weekly newspapers and Attorney at Law Magazine have interviewed Tanner numerous times. Tanner is a regular contributor to the Consultwebs online legal marketing blog. He has also appeared on the award-winning LAWsome podcast, discussing how law firms can measure their marketing ROI.
A native of Waynesville, North Carolina, Tanner earned a degree in Business Management (with a minor in Economics) from Berea College in 2008. He has now returned to Waynesville, where he lives with his wife, daughter, and son and enjoys camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, golfing and playing “any other competitive sport available” in his free time. However, he admits that his goal for sports has gone from “win” to “don’t get injured.”
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why it is important to take a long-term approach to your law firm’s online marketing strategy and focus on consistency in your messaging and brand
- Why firms who invest in their brands typically do well in cost-per-lead and cost-per-case
- Why pay-per-click advertising is a complicated, competitive stream that may or may not get your firm the results you are looking for
- Why many firms have holes in their intake process they aren’t even aware of, and why strengthening your conversion process to nurture the contact relationship is key
- Why a rapid response to an incoming lead is the backbone of conversion, and why setting up an autoresponder can help you respond more quickly
- Why it can be helpful to submit contact forms for both your firm and your competitors to see how quickly you get a response
- Why online reviews are crucial for building your reputation, and why it is important to set reasonable benchmarks
- Why you should understand your firm’s metrics, track your advertising performance, and always be looking for ways to improve
- What tools firms should have available to track incoming leads and conversions, particularly call-tracking software and CRM software
- What topics Tanner will be discussing when he speaks at the PILMMA Super Summit 2020 from June 23-26 in New Orleans