Creating True Wealth and a Life That You Love As a Woman Lawyer
Welcome to episode 121 of the Grow Your Law Firm podcast, hosted by Ken Hardison. In this episode Ken sits down with Davina Frederick and they talk about how woman lawyers can create true wealth and the life that they want.
Davina Frederick is a Florida-licensed attorney, law firm growth strategist, and business coach for women law firm owners. Prior to starting her own law firm in 2007 and growing it successfully during the 2008 recession and its aftermath, she enjoyed a career as a professional services marketer. In 2013, she founded D. Frederick Media and Marketing, LLC, with the goal of helping professional service business owners implement their marketing strategies.
Since most of Davina’s clients were women law firm owners who wanted the inside-scoop on how Davina had successfully created and scaled her own law firm, she began to focus on serving just women law firm owner clients. In 2020, Davina rebranded her company to reflect this shift, creating Wealthy Woman Lawyer.® Wealthy Woman Lawyer® assists women law firm owners in scaling their law firms into $1M+ wealth-generating businesses, without overwork or overwhelm.
Davina is the author of two books: The Wealthy Woman Lawyers Guide to Law Firm Marketing in the Virtual Age: 10 Bold Actions to Take Now to Attract Your Ideal Clients with Total Ease; and The Wealthy Woman Lawyers Guide to a Systems-Driven Law Firm Business: 7 Essential Systems You Need to Take Back Your Time, Avoid Burnout, and Create Lasting Wealth. She’s also the founder and host of the Wealthy Woman Lawyer podcast.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Changing the mindset of thinking you have to do everything as a business owner
- Why law partnership is seemingly male dominated
- Societal shifts that are empowering women and encouraging their rise in the professional world
- Continuing your learning process to find higher levels of success
- Knowing you are not the best person for every job in your business
- Not asking how when looking to get something done, but asking who instead
- Getting over the hurdle of finally hiring that associate
- True wealth as being in a place where you are be able to decide how you spend your time
- Creating a community of women lawyers who are working towards the same thing
- PILMMA’s Super Summit: https://www.pilmma.org/summit/
- The Mastermind Effect: https://www.pilmma.org/the-mastermind-effect/
- PILMMA’s Free Resources: https://www.pilmma.org/resources/
- PILMMA Join Page: https://www.pilmma.org/mastermind/